A digging spade is an impressive and useful tool in any homestead. It can be used to dig out the soil during winter or autumn. It’s one most favorite tools among most gardeners. A digging spade is a valuable tool for assisting in garden maintenance. Getting the best gardening spade may be tough. There are different designs of digging spades, which include the stainless digging shovels, and trowels. They are quite expensive but the best you can get. Some of the best stainless steel digging spade you can get in the market this year.
A List of Top Best Stainless Steel Digging Spades, Shovels, and Trowels in 2019
1. BOND LH015 SHOVEL (MINI-D HANDLE)
The bond LH015 is one of the best stainless steel digging spade. It has a D shaped handle for improved handling. The digging shovel comes with a heat treated head which makes it more durable.
- Stainless steel handle
- Powder paint coat finish ensures its rust resistant
- Comfortable spade and non-slip gripping
2. SPEARS & JACKSON STAINLESS STEEL SHOVEL
The stainless steel shovel has a traditional design. The head of the spade is made from well polished stainless steel head. The head design ensures the spade is rust proof. The handle is split to give a user adequate gripping. The spade can be used in any weather.
- Handle is made from hardwood timber
- Well machined and polished for durability
3. NEVERBEND SPEAR & JACKSON DIGGING SPADE
This is one of the best stainless steel digging spades you can get. It has a well machined and stainless steel head. This ensures it can work for long with less rust effect. The shovel has a hardwood shaft which is well polished. The design makes it capable of withstanding harsh weather conditions.
- Longer handle for easy handling
- Great grip design for precise digging angle
4. 208 PRO ERGONOMIC FLORAL SHOVEL
The shovel comes with a strong head made from stainless steel. The 208 pro ergonomic shovel design won an award for being the best floral spade. It’s best suited for flower gardens and seed beds. The shaft is made from carbon steel with an O-handle. The handle gives a better gripping surface which reduces wrist strain.
- The handle is made from a thermoplastic material
- Comfortable gripping
5. JOSEPH BENTLY STAINLESS STEEL SPADE
If you need a light and small shovel, the Joseph Bently spade is one of a kind. Its design makes it useful for use in tight spaces. It’s lighter and smaller when compared to the standard shovel. The handle has a YD design and has a rebate. This improves its gripping and makes it comfortable to use. There are treads on the edges of the shovel. The treads help in improving its soil penetration capabilities.
- Made from stainless steel material
- Wooden made handle
- Light and portable
6. True Temper 18-Inch Aluminum Snow Shovel
One of the best-sellers, the True Temper is a perfect snow shovel.
- Handle Material: Steel Blade
7. ROOT ASSASSIN
A set of 3 pieces, broom, caddy, and shovel, you’ll have the best yard tools best for gardening, sweeping, and landscaping.
- Best for both side cutting, piercing through roots and yes, prying out the root balls
- Top rated on Amazon
8. Imperial Group LT0162 Ash Shovel
You’d need this for a camping trip to make coal or ash removal every morning easier.
- Strong and sturdy for heavy duty digging
9. True Temper #12 Aluminum Scoop with D-Grip and Hardwood Handle
Best scraping stepped or driven on snow, The True Temper’s handle feels comfortable and it really feels like it’s going to last forever.
- Rust-proof and durable
- Ideal for transporting large of materials like soil, mulch, rocks, gravel, or sand.
10. Radius Garden 22011 Root Slayer Shovel
The best digging tool every garden should have. Why? Stronger and incredibly well-designed than others. You can exert all of your weight on the shovel on the down-stroke.
- sharpened “Inverted V”
- 150% stronger than comparable tools by an independent testing laboratory
Good to Know
Having different reviews on the various types of spades, you would be able to get the best from the market.
It’s usually difficult to get a perfect gardening shovel without a good guide. The spades can be used for different purposes in the garden.
Stainless steel spades are better since they can last longer. The spades are rarely affected by rust. With proper maintenance the shovel can serve you for a long time.