For most gardeners, having top rated pruning shears is essential to make gardens more beautiful. The hand pruning shear is a must-have in every vineyard for grape vines. Do you know why? It simply makes the trimming process much easier. And it’s not too heavy to carry. What is the best pruning shears in particular for grape vines? In this review, we are going to talk about the best pruning shears for grape vines and gardening.
A List of Top 10 Best Pruning Shears for Grape Vines in 2020
Fiskars Professional Bypass Pruning Shears
This pruning shears made of steel are perfect to trim light branches and stems with a maximum cutting capacity of 5/8 diameter. It’s build with a low friction coat that helps the blade to cut through the wood and prevents them from piling up debris, sap and rust. Even with heavy use this pair remains fully hardened and sharp. Ideally, the Fiskars Professional Bypass Pruning Shear is great for cutting stems and light branches. Overall, the locking mechanism is stiff out of the box.
- All steel body
- Adjustable blade tension
- Angled cutting head reduces wrist fatigue and makes it easy to prune at awkward angles
- Maximum cutting capacity: 1 inch diameter
The Gardener’s Friend – 3-Stage Action Ratchet Pruner
A lot of pruners shears are difficult to use and take a heavy toll on your hands. As a result, if you have weak arms you are going to get tired using prunes very fast. So, it’ll slow down the gardening process. The blade it’s also detachable which prevents both fungi and diseases.
- 3 stage action ratchet pruner makes it easy on the hands
- Carbon steel
- Soft rubber hand grip absorbs pressure
- Tough cuts become easy
- Both left and right hand locks makes it ambidextrous
Pexio Premium Titanium Bypass Pruning Shear
This ergonomically designed prune comes with non-slip handles that are strong, lightweight and pretty comfortable. As a bonus, it comes with a life warranty, full customer service and a replacement available if the product comes with any malfunction.
- Titanium steel with an ultra-fine polishing technology
- Groove design
- Drop forged body and handles: strong, lightweight, and comfortable
- Quality blade made of Premium Titanium steel with Ultra-fine Polishing Technology
ClassicPRO Titanium Pruning Shears
This titanium pruning shear is made for both professional and home gardening. The ClassicPro shear is the best use when it comes to tough challenges. You can also adjust it to make the most precise cuts. To sum up well for this product, this pruning shear is built for hard use.
- Sharp blades made from high tempered Japanese steel
- Strong and delicate
- Protective Titanium coating decreases friction of trimmer
Razor Sharp Bypass Pruning Shears/Secateur
This set of pruning shears are perfect for everyone with their blades made of high carbon Japanese steel, this type of steel last longer and it’s specially made for cutting tools. Therefore, it comes with a free replacement in case the product arrives wrong, a free extra blade and premium costumer service.
- Comes with an easy to use thumb lock for security
- Ergonomic design
- Made of a non-toxic rubber grip
- Rust and corrosion-resistant
- Handle has an anodized finish to guarantee durability and reliability for indoor and outdoor storage
VIVOSUN Gardening Hand Pruner Pruning Shear
This Vivosun gardening hand pruner is the top best on Amazon. This means that its price and quality are the key factors. If you like working in your lawn, this is the best tool to have.
- Stainless steel precision for micro tip snips
- Light weight and so sharp
- Comfort Grip handles
- Micro tip snips feature a safe and secure sideways locking mechanism
gonicc 8″ Professional Sharp Bypass Pruning Shears
The second best rated for most gardener is this professional pruning shears from Gonicc. Need the best tree trimmer? Buy this gonicc 8″. Want to use it for your spring rose? Sure!
- Made of high carbon steel with Ultra-fine Polishing Technology
- Ergonomic design
Fiskars Non-stick Softgrip Micro-Tip Pruning Snip, 2 Pack
In our opinion, we rank this product as good little clippers for trimming herbs for most backyard gardens. You can easily use it for dead heading flowers, cutting flowers, trimming leaves, harvesting herbs, and trimming harvested herbs.
- Precision-ground stainless steel
- Easy for deadheading, trimming and shaping plants
Mockins Professional Heavy Duty Garden Bypass Pruning Shears
For most starters, this Mockins Professional Heavy Duty Pruner is the best product to buy. Good price! Comfort and ease of use. What’s else can you ask for a durable hand pruner. Highly recommended for gardeners and first time users.
- High quality stainless steel
- Strong, sharp, and cheap
- A nice locking button that keeps the shears from opening (useful when storing them after work)
Corona 3180D ClassicCUT Forged Bypass Hand Pruner
Double the price of Mockins Professional Pruner, the Corona is another essential choice we have to recommend in this review. Made to last, a hand pruner from Corona can last for over two decades.
- Forged steel alloy construction
- Ergonomic non-slip grip
- Very easy to use
- Easy-to-operate unobtrusive lock
Good to Know
How to use pruning shears?
- To be able to use pruning shears well, you should slip the branch to be cut between the blades of the shears.
- Try to use the handles to squeeze the blades shut.
- With this cutting motion, you will slice the blades into the branch and take off the branch from the plant.
Just get one of the model of shears we recommended to use in the vineyard all the time and you’ll have been happy with it.
We all know it’s a lot of work, getting the right tools can be a bit difficult if you don’t where to look. We compiled the best pruning shears for gardening and grape vines so you can enjoy your working. Buy the top rated best vineyard pruners, so you won’t disappoint when gardening.