A mechanic is not a mechanic without a tool set! There are many tool sets, for mechanics who may have varying requirements. A tool set is undoubtedly the most important thing any mechanic will own, thus you should choose a good one! We are going to discuss 10 of the best mechanics tool sets. The list will help you make an informed choice be it your first mechanics tool set, or if you are simply looking for another set of tools.
A List of Top 10 Best Mechanics Tool Sets with Box 
Stanley 73795 210 Piece Chrome Tool Set
This is probably of the best all-round tool sets available. It is reasonably priced in most places if you shop around and is made of polished chrome. With 210 pieces, including various sockets and driver tools, you will not be disappointed with this set.
- Tools meet or exceed ANSI specs
- Chrome vanadium forged body for torque, strength and durability
- Full polish chrome finish for anti-corrosion protection
- Includes blow molded case for easy tool storage and portability
AmazonBasics 65-Piece Home Repair Kit
This is an ideal tool set for the home or hobbyist mechanic and would make a good second toolkit for a professional mechanic. It comes with a wide variety of tools and a strong carrying case.
- Made of durable, corrosion-resistant CRV steel
- Soft-grip handles
- 115-piece basic tool set for everyday home repairs and chores
- Made of durable, corrosion-resistant CRV steel; soft-grip handles for a secure hold
- Comes with a nylon tool bag for easy transport and storage
TENG TOOLS 106 Piece Mixed Drive Socket Set
This is a toolkit that is designed for heavy-duty users, and this is reflected in the price. It is a high priced toolkit aimed at professionals who are going to be carrying out heavy-duty work.
It comes with a good selection of drivers and sockets, including sockets for spark plugs and a complete set of screwdriver pieces.
- Lifetime guarantee
- Secure lock system with click mechanism so you know the top is closed properly
- Easy and clear layout makes it easier to see which tools are missing
Professional 301 Piece Mechanic’s Tool Kit SAE and Metric
This is an ideal light tool kit which has a good variety of driver pieces, spanners, pliers and an adjustable wrench. This toolkit even includes a hammer (300g) and a hex key set.
This is a very good all-rounder toolkit and is one we would highly recommend for the home and for the average mechanic. The hammer is a nice touch as many of the smaller tool kits do not include hammers.
- Chrome vanadium steel
- Made in USA
- Rugged chrome vanadium construction
Kamasa – 55702 Mechanics Tool Set 150pc
This is a heavy-duty tool box, which also includes tools. It includes a wide range of sockets and spanners, drive sockets and other various tools.
This tool box has a drawer and is good for the mechanic who wants to keep their toolbox in one place rather than carrying it around.
- Three socket sets in one
- Comes with standard and deep sockets
Draper Mechanics Megakit 700 piece tool kit
This is truly one of the most diverse and versatile kits on offer. Every possible tool you could ever need for any standard job is in this kit. It is supplied in a heavy-duty roller cabinet with individual drawers.
This is aimed at serious professionals and power users and is the most expensive tool set in this list.
- Blow mould storage case for easy travel
- Best for home automotive maintenance and other tasks around the home
Bahco S138 138 Piece Socket and Mechanical Set
This tool set is designed for both professionals and domestic use alike. It has a good selection for any mechanic. This would make an ideal second toolkit for the experienced mechanic or a good domestic tool set.
- Chrome vanadium forged body for torque
- Strength and durability
WORKPRO W009044A Mechanics Tool Set with 3-Drawer Heavy Duty Metal Box
Another one of those heavy-duty tool sets. This contains 408-piece tools and is the perfect tool set for the home DIY or a small business. It’s a great toolkit and all the tools are supplied in a sturdy chest, a great addition to the workshop.
- Fully polished chrome
- Anti-corrosion protection
- Ratchet handles
- Chrome vanadium forged tools for toughness and durability
- Comes in a sturdy aluminum box with 3 drawers
Stanley 1-94-668 Socket Set 96 Piece set
This is a small tool set containing socket sets and driver set. Stanley 1-94-668 Socket Set 96 Piece set is ideal for those who want a quality domestic tool kit on a budget. This would also be a good set of tools to keep in your car.
Crescent CTK170CMP2 Mechanics Tool Set, 170-Piece
This is another quality RS Pro kit. This is almost the same as the 73 Piece Tool Kit, but includes a couple of additional extra pieces.Best for the small business or domestic users, you should have this set in your garage.
- Tools meet stringent new ANSI and ASME specifications and come with a full satisfaction guarantee
- All tools contained in a sturdy, folding plastic case for easy storage and transport
Good to Know
A crucial thing to consider when buying a tool set is the variety. You want a wide variety of tools to cover all possible scenarios. Even if you are only buying a tool set for occasional use we would recommend having the best selection of tools. The above tool sets are in our recommendations of the best mechanics tool sets with box you should buy. You should remember that the tool set is a life time investment.
From domestic use to the serious mechanic whose tools are his life and daily bread, these best mechanics tool sets will have you covered.