A circular saw is one of the powerful tools to consider getting for construction purposes. This working tool enables one to achieve straight cuts on woods or shape it to make various wooden structures. The circular saws come in different styles to accommodate multiple users. Meaning, whether you are a beginner or a professional carpenter, it is relatively easy to find the best circular saw for your work. When choosing this powerful tool, check out for; the motor, the weight, safety measures, and operating speed.
These are our top five best quality circular saws for beginners. The reviewed saws are comfortable to use since they feature lightweight designs. However, note that some saws are designed with cordless form, while others are corded for direct electric powering.
A List of Top 5 Best Circular Saws for Beginners
DEWALT FLEXVOLT 60V MAX Circular Saw
Are you planning to buy a circular saw for DIY activities at home? I would suggest you get this DEWALT model. First off, the saw is crafted with easy to maneuver features a great deal for beginners. On top of that, this circular saw has a powerful brushless motor, so you can get accurate cuts when working with it.
Also, this circular sawdust comes with a dust blower for clarity when working. For your safety, this circular saw has the electronic brake essential for controlling the blade when the trigger loosens up or get lost. Besides that, this is a cordless circular saw that allows you to move freely around when working without restrictions.
- The saw has a hook for storage
- It is light in weight for comfort when working
- The saw has brakes to control the blade
- Has a large capacity
- The charger and battery of the saw are sold separately
SKILSAW Southpaw SPT67M8-01 15 Amp 7-1/4 Inch
One essential detail to note about this circular saw is that a direct electrical connection powers it for continuous power supply when working. But, it is compatible with the standard 120 volts adapter for convenience when working from different locations.
Furthermore, this circular saw has a classic dual field motor that runs at high speed of 5300 RPM to deliver great work. This means that the saw is also comfortable to use for large projects.
Accuracy when cutting through the wood is guaranteed since this device has a left blade view essential for increasing visibility when cutting. Similarly, the cutting level is adjustable in-depth so that you can cut wood chunks with measurements ranging from 1/2, 1/4, to 2 inches. The power cord measures 10 inches in length to allow movement flexibility when working.
- The motor of the saw stays cool for long
- The engine has a strong and durable casing
- The saw has a left blade sidewinder to improve its cutting power
- The saw features robust magnesium construction for durability
- This circular saw does not have a dust collector and may get uncomfortable when cutting the wood
BLACK+DECKER 7-1/4 Inch Circular Saw with Laser, 13-Amp
By weighing just 7 pounds, your comfort when working with this circular saw is guaranteed. Changing the blades when using is relatively easy as the device has a spindle lock that releases the blade to change the blades. This circular saw has the 13 amp power essential for large projects since you can use multiple wood planks with the device.
For beginners, this device is equipped with a laser guide to achieving accurate and straight cuts. On top of these quality features, this circular saw comes with a 2-year warranty for quality assurance
- This circular saw has a guide to ensure precise cuts
- Changing the blades when working is easy
- It is light in weight
- Has a powerful motor
- The laser guide is made with plastic materials, which makes it look cheap
Metabo HPT Cordless Circular Saw
enjoy working from different corners of your workshop or home with this circular saw since it has a cordless design. Working with the tool is quite comfortable, especially for beginners, as it only weighs around 6.8 pounds to eliminate fatigue. With a powerful brushless motor and a sharp blade, this circular saw can make deep cuts of 6 1/2 inches.
Thus, you can use it when working on different wood or when crafting multiple wood products. Starting on this tool is straightforward, and the electric brakes ensure you have full control of the blade.
- This saw has a fan for cooling the motor
- The bevel moves at an angle of 5 to 45 degrees.
- The tool is cordless to eliminate restrictions when moving
- The device comes with a lifetime warranty
- This tool is not ideal for large projects since it consumes a lot of battery power.
PORTER-CABLE 7-1/4 Inch Circular Saw 15-Amp
Although this circular saw is categorized among the best saws for beginners, it is excellent for heavy-duty jobs. The saw works at high speed of 5,500RPM for convenience when handling thick wood chunks. The saw also has quality material construction that features magnesium and metal to guarantee the tool’s durability.
You can cut both thin and thick wood ply with this tool since the blade depth is adjustable. Still, the saw has the spindle lock essential for controlling the blade when interchanging. The ergonomic handle of the device provides a perfect and comfortable grasping surface for comfort when working.
- This saw is quite affordable
- It works at a high speed
- The cutting depth is adjustable
- The tool has a sharp blade
- The motor produces some annoying noises when the device is working