Betta fishes can live in an aquarium with a minimum size of 2.5 gallons and also the basic stuff such as filter and a pump. This kind of fish doesn’t require special needs, making it easy for you to take care of it. In this list, you’ll find our recommendations of top 10 best betta fish tanks you can buy this year.
A List of The Best Tanks for Betta Fishes in 2018
- 1. Tetra L.E.D Half Moon-Betta Aquarium
- 2. Fluval Spec III-Aquarium Kit
- 3. Marineland-Contour Glass-Aquarium Kit
- 4. Fluval-View Aquarium – 4-Gallon
- 5. Tetra-LED Cube Shaped-3 Gallon Aquarium with Pedestal-Base
- 6. Tetra-Crescent Acrylic-Aquarium Kit – 5 gallon
- 7. KollerCraft 6.5-Gallon Aquarium-Kit
- 8. EcoQubeC-Aquarium – Desktop Betta-Fish Tank
- 9. Fluval-10531A1 SEA-EVO XII Aquarium-Kit
- 10. Tetra 20-Gallon Complete-Aquarium Kit
- 11. Fluval spec V aquarium
- 12. ECOQUBE AQUARIUM
- 13. Marineland ML90609 Portrait Aquarium Kit
- 14. Tetra Crescent Acrylic Aquarium Kit
- 15. API Aquaview 360 Aquarium Kit
- Good to Know
1. Tetra L.E.D Half Moon-Betta Aquarium
This tank can be used as a temporary place for your Betta to live. It doesn’t have filter and a pump, but it is affordable and convenient. It is a clear plastic half-moon shaped aquarium which has LED light that can be used from above or below.
- The dimensions are 4.6 x 9.1 x 9.9 inch
- The price is just $13
2. Fluval Spec III-Aquarium Kit
Small and convenient, this tank is perfect for small offices and rooms. It has mechanical, chemical and biological filtration. Also the 31 LED lights emphasize your fish in a beautiful way.
- The dimensions are 11.8 x 10.8 x 8.7 inches
- The price is $50.
3. Marineland-Contour Glass-Aquarium Kit
This beautiful tank features rail light, 3-step filtration system and holds up to 3 gallons of water. It is stylish and convenient. The price is also great.
- The dimensions are 12 x 12 x 12.5 inches
- At just about $50
4. Fluval-View Aquarium – 4-Gallon
It features a light, plastic body with removable cover. That’s a low budget tank which suits your Betta’s needs. It has integrated pump, filter and lightning. The aquarium is equipped with low voltage power supply, 10 white and 1 blue bulbs for highlighting your small creature. This tank is convenient and cheap.
- Its dimensions are 15 1/4″H x 9″D x 17 1/4″ W
- The price is $45.
5. Tetra-LED Cube Shaped-3 Gallon Aquarium with Pedestal-Base
This tank is perfect for a tropical fish such as Betta. It holds 3 gallons of water which is nice for the habitat of this fish. It is also equipped with Tetra 3i filter which keeps the water clean and is perfect for small fishes. The tank also has LED light, making it fancy and highlighting your fish. The lid has a handy feeding hole.
- The dimensions are 10″ D x 10″W x 10.512″H
- The price is $42
6. Tetra-Crescent Acrylic-Aquarium Kit – 5 gallon
This is one of the best-looking tanks on the market. It features Mechanical filter that catches the debris and waste in a cartridge. The best thing is that this tank uses Activated carbon which removes odor and discoloration.
- The dimensions are 16.6 x 11.2 x 13.2 inches
- The price is $49
7. KollerCraft 6.5-Gallon Aquarium-Kit
This is one of the best tanks for its price. It has important features so your Betta can live there comfortably. It’s a 6.5 gallon semi-hex kit. The tank features A.P.I SUPERCLEAN 10 Power Filter which makes the water crystal clean. The filter also removes any odors and discolorations of the water. It has LED lighting with 7 colors and makes your room an interesting place.
- The dimensions are 11 x 18 x 12.5 inches
- The price is only 36$.
8. EcoQubeC-Aquarium – Desktop Betta-Fish Tank
This tank features self-cleaning system which allows for low maintenance. It also has lighting effects, powerful filter and natural plants.
- Dimensions: 7.5 x 7.5 x 9 in
- Price starts at $99
9. Fluval-10531A1 SEA-EVO XII Aquarium-Kit
This is a stylish and modern place for your fish to live. It features powerful 3-stage filtration system that ensures that the water remains as clean as it can be. The tank has multi-functional canopy with easy-feed door so you wont waste time trying t adjust the door to replace the feed. The casing is sleek aluminum which ensures maximum durability and features touch lights for day and night environment.
- It is a 13.5 gallon tank with dimensions: 22 x 11.5 x 15 inches
- The price is $143.
10. Tetra 20-Gallon Complete-Aquarium Kit
The best aquarium in our list features UL heater. Of notable mention is the customizable LED lights that enable you to choose an LED light based on the ambience as well as your personal interests, Tetra Whisper 20 Filter and is the perfect place for your Betta fishes to live. It is big enough and has scratch-resistant glass.
- The dimensions are 24.2″ L x 12.4″ W x 16.7″ H
- The price starts at $119
While betta fish tanks are favored by most people, it’s also important for those betta fish lovers who want a small bowl to keep their fish in a small room or space. The best betta fish bowl should be simple enough to place anywhere in the home. It’s easy to clean and keep the water clean. Please continue reading for our recommendations of the best bowls you can buy this year.
11. Fluval spec V aquarium
Fluval and its aquarium deserve to be on this list because they managed to deliver a simple desktop mid size fish tank with above average designs. It is a very good looking, comfortable fish tank but it is also adequately small so that you can put it on desktops or countertops. The Fluval Spec V is light and small, which makes it very easy to carry around, but at the same time it has a capacity of 5 gallons which is like a swimming pool for your betta fish. On the inside, you can find filter bags, the tube, the outlet nozzle, the lid and the LED lights. You can find up to 37 LEDs and you can use them to make your fish tank even more beautiful.
- Has a lot of space for your betta fish
- Big number of LED lights
- Nice design
- Many customers reported malfunctions of the light system
12. ECOQUBE AQUARIUM
The EcoQube Aquarium has a capacity of only 2 gallons. This makes it very convenient in size and allows you to easily move it anywhere you want: table, desktop, countertops etc. The EcoQube focuses on super low maintenance, therefore its designers have already included an aquaponic filter which will make you to not have to change the water so often. This fish tank comes with a full kit which includes the aquaponic filter, the glass cover, the sand decoration, the wireless remote for the LED lights and the basil seeds. The EcoQube is perfect for you if you don’t want to buy additional stuff in order to give your betta fish a new comfortable house.
- It is veryconvenient in terms of size
- Low maintenance
- Complete aquarium starter kit
- Aquaponic filter
- Quite high price
- LED light might present malfunctions
13. Marineland ML90609 Portrait Aquarium Kit
The Marineland ML90609 has a unique, great and smart design which makes it beautiful from any edge you look at it. It is small and compact and this makes it suitable for any table from your office or home. However, the tank has a 5 gallon capacity which makes it a quite big living environment for your betta fishes. This aquarium comes incorporated with a LED light system which provides two light settings: bright blue and white. It has a cover who can slide backwards over the filtration system so that you can have instant access to feed the fish. This tank’s glass is very thick and robust but it is also very clear and it doesn’t prevent you from looking inside of the tank effortlessly. The filtration framework is perfectly camouflaged behind the tank and it works gorgeously in order to keep the water constantly circumnavigated.
- Robust glass
- Beautiful design
- Very good quality
- LED lights system that can limit the refraction of the sunlight
- Strong water current
- Trouble with maintenance
14. Tetra Crescent Acrylic Aquarium Kit
The Tetra Crescent Acrylic Aquarium Kit comes in 2 different sizes: 5 gallons and 3 gallons. It offers you more choices for your fish. It has a simple and modern design. The Tetra Crescent is a very good looking fish tank. It comes with a lid, the tank, the LED lights and the pump with the filter. This fish tank doesn’t have a cleaning system like the aquaponics but it relies on the above mentioned pump and filter. The filter pulls the water from the tank and pushes it to the filter which catches the wastes. This aquarium also uses ultra activated carbon which prevent the odors and the discoloration of the water.
- It has the The Tetra Crescent Acrylic Kit
- Has a modern and neat design
- Comes in two different sizes
- Customers reported that the filter breaks down pretty easily
15. API Aquaview 360 Aquarium Kit
The Api Aquaview 360 Aquarium Kit focuses on the large viewing angle presenting a simple but ingenious design. It is a cyclindrical shaped tank offering a large 360 view. It is available in 3 different sizes: 6 gallons, 3 gallons and 2 gallons. Once again, there’s a wide variety of choice for your betta fish. In the kit are included the LED lighting solution, the pump and the filter. The LED lightings can change between 7 different colors: white, red, blue, purple, green, aqua and amber. The filtration system is quite powerful: it can purify at a speed of 45 gallons/ hour. The resin carbon filter cartridge prevents odors, organic pollutants and discolorations to occur.
- Effective filtration system
- Multiple sizes
- Various LED lights
- The durability of the LED lights is scarce
- It is built with cheap materials
Good to Know
Have fun raising your beautiful betta! However, if you like a small container, the best bowls we listed here are the best you should check out.
There are actually many choices, but after our research, talks with experts, and tests, we can conclude that this list offers you a variety of options in term of qualities, sizes, prices, and the nice designs.
Betta fish is a small beautiful creature that is perfect for your home aquarium. Also known as Siamese fighting fishes, these beautiful creatures and home pets love to live in clean water. It’s advisable that you regular clean the tank or use a proper filter to maintain water quality. Having the best tanks, you create an environment in which your Betta can flourish: living a happy and healthy life. To decide which is the best betta fish tank to buy, you should first consider the tank size that fits in your living room.